The history of Bluffton Plumbing and Heating dates back to the early 1920’s when Ames & Emi Steffen started the Bluffton Tin Shop. At that time, most furnaces were coal fired or oil fired with natural gas furnace installations having to get a special permit to hook up to natural gas lines. The company was located at 205-207 N Main at that time and remained in that location until the 1990’s.
As technology changed, so did Bluffton Tin Shop as it changed its name to Bluffton Heating and Sheet Metal and then to Bluffton Heating & Plumbing, Inc. and then finally to Bluffton Heating and Electric. We may have changed our name, but our dedication to quality products and services has always remained the same.
In all that time the business was owned by the Steffen Family relatives until the 1990’s when it was sold to James Ottjes. We relocated in 2004 to 2095 Commerce Drive, Bluffton, IN (located just East of Lowe’s). The company is now owned by Chad Wooster. We now offer a full line of service and products in electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning.